20 Questions for 2020 iNSD

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
Since we are celebrating digi scrapping during our interNational Scrapbooking Day Celebration, I thought I'd start another round of TWENTY QUESTIONS. This time the questions are all related to this SCRAPBOOKING. Play along and join the fun!

Copy the list of questions below, paste it into a reply to this thread and then add your answers!
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"?
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown?
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone?
  4. What software do you use?
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout?
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn?
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers?
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind?
  9. Blending or no blending?
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination?
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal?
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift?
  13. Do you use templates?
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit?
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about?
  16. Who is your scrapping idol?
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages?
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap?
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other?
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.)

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? Life is never normal. Sadly, I only scrap when I’m hosting a challenge. BUT, I try to design everyday (unless I’m doing admin stuff). Does that count?
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? See #1 above :p I scrapped yesterday, so that’s an improvement :)
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? I’m a PC girl. I can't hardly see on my phone :p
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop and Illustrator CC
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? Longer than I care to admit.
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? I'd like to learn how to create artsy pages better!
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? I own the shop, so I probably shouldn’t say grin
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? Yes! I’ve taken lots – digital painting, drawing, using dynamic brushes, mixed media, collage papers...and more!
  9. Blending or no blending? Definitely love blending, but I need more practice!
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I love all kinds of papers – it depends on the project.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I love actions when I remember to use them. I've even made a couple for my own design process that really help!
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? YUP....scraplifting is the most sincere form of scrapping flattery, isn’t it?
  13. Do you use templates? Yes, but I struggle...hence my line of foundations that have NO ELEMENTS on them :p
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? I like to have options, so I offer options in my kits.
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? My grandson’s burns when he was 2 years old.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? There are so many, but my all time fave would be Mother Bear! She has been on my CT for as long as I’ve had one. I also love layouts by @Bellisae @chunlin @Fanette @Bryony - HSA, @sylvia ...I could go on and on!
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? I usually use one kit, unless I need to add stitches or fasteners or something like that.
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? I like to DESIGN from about 11 PM to 3 AM....I rarely get interrupted during those hours
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? Budget? What’s a budget? Lol, I really only buy CU stuff, and I don’t have to look far. The BEST CU designs are right here at PBP!
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.) These kids are my pride & joy...I need to update. I have two more grandkids since I created this layout!

Mother Bear

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? Without fail....every day even when I'm not supposed to because of my eye!
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? Same as above only more as I'm not working because of the lockdown.
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? Desktop...can't see properly to use my laptop anymore.
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop CC
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? Depends on the kit I'm scrapping with.
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? Digital painting...if only I could find the time to learn.
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? All of them of coarse!
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? No....started one and only lasted about 10 mins. I can never find the time.
  9. Blending or no blending? Blending all the way!
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I love all paper types.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I have made my own set of shadow styles, so I use them all the time. I also use some photo actions that I love.
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Never have time to look.
  13. Do you use templates? Yes as I'm on a few template designer's CT.
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? I prefer to recolour to suit my photos.
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? The sudden loss of my husband.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? I adore @sylvia and @Bellisae simplistic style, @Bryony - HSA, Jennifer Fehr and Wendy Nelson.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? One kit....I use CU stitches, strings, foliage ect if they are missing from a kit
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? Anytime my eyes are open and I have the urge.
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I rarely purchase anything only CU.
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.) This is just too difficult as I am so critcal of every layout I create.

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? Without fail....every day even when I'm not supposed to because of my eye!
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? Same as above only more as I'm not working because of the lockdown.
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? Desktop...can't see properly to use my laptop anymore.
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop CC
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? Depends on the kit I'm scrapping with.
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? Digital painting...if only I could find the time to learn.
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? All of them of coarse!
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? No....started one and only lasted about 10 mins. I can never find the time.
  9. Blending or no blending? Blending all the way!
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I love all paper types.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I have made my own set of shadow styles, so I use them all the time. I also use some photo actions that I love.
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Never have time to look.
  13. Do you use templates? Yes as I'm on a few template designer's CT.
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? I prefer to recolour to suit my photos.
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? The sudden loss of my husband.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? I adore @sylvia and @Bellisae simplistic style, @Bryony - HSA, Jennifer Fehr and Wendy Nelson.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? One kit....I use CU stitches, strings, foliage ect if they are missing from a kit
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? Anytime my eyes are open and I have the urge.
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I rarely purchase anything only CU.
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.) This is just too difficult as I am so critcal of every layout I create.
I could pick from hundreds of your layouts and any of them would be amazing. But, I have NEVER forgotten the feeling I had when I first saw this layout from you, Julie! It looks like a paper/traditional layout...it has so many details and fabulous info on it. I adore your tabs, the way you used the numbers, the stacked papers....It's always been at the top of my list. Lol, this layout makes me want to bring this collection back :)

Susan - s3js

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? daily when my mojo was good
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? hasn't changed. I work from home.
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? desktop
  4. What software do you use? PhotoShop CC 2018
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? 2-5 hours, sometimes more, not often less
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? making clusters graceful
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? Really? Can I claim all of you?
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? I did take some Creative Memories ages ago
  9. Blending or no blending? blending
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination?solid or at least reads as solid, artsy papers. I seldom use busy or boldly patterned papers. I fin them distracting and can't make them look good together.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I'm a manual gal - for now
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? I do. Sometimes so much I get confused!
  13. Do you use templates? Oh, yes! After over 1000 pages, I run low on imagination
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? Both as needed
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? My husband's PTSD and concusive brain syndrome and how it tore our family apart.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? @Chaos Lounge I was on her sister's CT many moons ago and Jenni was the flourish queen. Her work is gorgeous. And Anna Aspnes
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? usually one, but here lately I've mixed many
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? late night or early morning when everyone is asleep
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? Pretty closely. No I don't hide my purchases from anyone
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.) Because she fights so hard to just feel normal and do the simple things of life:

Bryony - HSA

REMARKABERRY
Design Team
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? I design about 4-5 days a week as I have time inbetween my freelance graphic design work. I only scrap a few layouts each month.
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? I have more time to design and scrap now that my kids are home all the time and I don't have to be out and about so much.
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? Mac desktop. Laptop screen to small and limiting for me
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? Depends... about 1-2 hours.
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? I really want an iPad Pro with a pencil and to start using Procreate in my designing. Just so expensive to buy them here!
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? So many talented designers here. Love Pavlinka, et designs, Studio Pix and many others.
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? Watched the odd YouTube video but not much.
  9. Blending or no blending? Yes, of course!
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? Love arty papers or patterned papers that aren't too bold.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I make my own actions or do things manually.
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Pinterest is my go to for inspiration.
  13. Do you use templates? 95% of the time, yes.
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? I prefer variety of elements in a kit. I can recolour if I need to.
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? My brain tumor.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? I have loads of talented designers on my team. I think they are all amazing.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? Usually one at a time.
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? Any time I can!
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I buy as I need and as budget allows.
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.) Oh my goodness I have so many favourite layouts! How to choose?!! I love this one that I did of myself and the kids on the beach. These photos were taken in the middle of winter in South Africa (can you believe it). The next day it was raining.
index.php

reginafalango

REMARKABERRY
Design Team
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? I make pages for each new kit I create and also for designers when I have time
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? I was confined by the creation years before the covid, it doesn't change anything
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? laptop
  4. What software do you use? PhotoShop CS6
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? it depends on the kit, 15 minutes if the kit is well designed
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? automate more tasks, organize my resources
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? All the best designers are gathered at PBP, I have very eclectic tastes, it's something very personal, intimate and it's change ofen, it's more the creation that will seduce me whatever the designer, but I like the color treatment of et design, the artistic sense of Tiramitsu, the generosity of Simplette, the originality of Chunlin, the elegance of Belisae, the romanticism of Dita and the incredible quality of the creations of Jasmine Olaya
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? No
  9. Blending or no blending? Both
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? all I love papers
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? Both
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? No, to make a page inspiration is generated by what
    evokes the kit
  13. Do you use templates? No I don't know how to use them
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? when I make a page for someone I do not modify, nothing, I adapt
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? none, I don't do that, for me the scrap must be only fun
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? All my idols are in my CT, they are magicians, talented and generous. These are artists for whom I create kits, My CT is my greatest pride.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? ONLY ONE, I could never mix kits, for me, to do that is to consider that a creation is only elements and papers, while each kit is a unique work, it's as if I had to mix a Vangog and a Renoir; We necessarily find identical words in 50 shades of gray than in the bible, yet no one would think of mixing these texts? but it's just my personal feeling, I understand that people like to mix
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? at night
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I buy CU more often, No budjet, favorites
  20. I find it hard to choose, so here are two pages of which I am proud. the first one, by the fact that in the dark the light always ends up finding its way and the second because I am totaly in love with this kit

Last edited:

Bright Eyes

WiLD BERRY
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? Nearly everyday.
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? Now that I am well, I try to scrap at least every other day or every day. It is my form of relaxation.
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? Desktop with my large monitor
  4. What software do you use? PSE19 and PSE2020 - still loading actions, etc to PSE2020
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? 15 minutes to an hour - depends on how detailed the Layout is...i.e... how many elements, blending, actions. Occasionally a LO will take up to 2 hours if I have to extract images.
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? How to add a painterly look to people's images in a photo
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? Love them all... but if I have to select a few... TirAmisu, DitaB, Erica (etd), Palvinka, Simplette, Fayette, Sheri (Jumpstart), Bryony (HSA)
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? Yes... Shadowing, clustering, blending, double images, design your own shapes, masking, using transfers, extracting images, weaving elements together ... just to name a few.
  9. Blending or no blending? Love blending
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I like them all but usually not as fond of busy patterned papers so use them in small pieces. Love the artsy papers.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I really like actions as they save me time
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Oh, yes... I look at them and say... "if I did this, I would change/add this" or "I love how the clustering was done", "Love the page design", "great blending", "great colors"...
  13. Do you use templates? Sometimes. I like to change them around depending on the photos I am using.
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? I like having a few different color options. If it is not for CT work, I may recolor elements to coordinate with the photos.
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? The loss of my husband and my journey down the path of widowhood.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? Julie (Mother Bear) and the other CT members... I learn something new from them all the time.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? 1 kit as I do a lot of CT work. But I can mix them up during BBD time.
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? Mornings, afternoon, evening.... any time of day
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? No budget as I do a lot of CT work and get to enjoy working with lots of designers.
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.) This is one of my most favorite memories of my hubby and I... it was on his birthday. It combined a Sunset photo taken by my hubby in the Indian Ocean (taken a couple of year before the others) and 2 photos of hubby and I on an evening sail on the Nile River - Cairo, Egypt. It always brings a smile to my lips and lift to my spirits.

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? usually every day or two
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? I'm still working so schedule hasn't changed much, I scrap a bit throughout the day as I am working
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? desktop in my office with 2 monitors and just got a new PC for my small table in LR, it's a mini HD with a small keyboard which is perfect for my little desk in the corner of the room (I like to sit in livingroom and watch TV in the evening so can do this from my little table). My daughter bought me a cheap PC on clearance at work (she works at Staples)
  4. What software do you use? PS CC and LR with acdsee organizer
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? varies from 20 min to over an hour generally
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? I'm trying to improve with extracting
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? oh man, that is a hard one b/c I can honestly say I love them all. If I have to point any out, I'd say TirAmisu for artsy transfers, Jumpstart, Cheryl and Faye for their bit of whimsy, Bellisae, Jen & Studio Pix for their clean graphic style, ok....see what I mean? I can give you a reason for loving each designer....so I will stop now or I will list them all LOL
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? I've taken lots of design classes over the years, Photoshop Artistry and Anna Aspnes and many others.
  9. Blending or no blending? I love to use masks, blend modes, brushes, gradients.
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I will use all and will change colors/blend modes to coordinate everything
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? Both. I use drop shadow styles and then tweak them, I have created PS actions and hot keys for steps I do often. I have a few actions I like to run on photos that can be customized.
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? I often get inspired by something I see in the gallery, a technique, a color, a page design...that can be my starting point and then my own design process takes over. If you saw what inspired me and then what my finished page looked like, you'd wonder how I got from that to my page LOL
  13. Do you use templates? In the last yr I have come to love them and although I like to create my own page design, I have come to equally love a template too.
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? I can customize myself but do appreciate a few options
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? my mom's passing
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? She doesn't scrap anymore but yrs ago Suzie Griffith inspired me to want to try working with brushes, transfers, blending, masks, etc. Her layouts often included instructions and she did some follow-along videos of her page creations. She really inspired me to branch out with my style. Now she's an amazing health/fitness geek and she inspires me now in a different way.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? I can work with a single kit but do love to mix/match to come up with even more page design variation
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? morning/afternoon, I start my work day by getting online, checking CT stuff and often starting a page that I'll work at throughout the day as I do my desk work (my office has my work computer, my PC and 2 monitors with a laptop for watching tv/pvr stuff as I work/play)
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I don't have a budget but try not to overdo the spending, especially as we get closer to retirement when I am going to want to cut back a bit. But now our exchange rate is almost 50% so little or no US purchases now.
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. I love this page I created recently of Bailey. The joy on her face warms my heart. She has had a tough life, especially the last 3. I love how this came together, with the pink tone I applied to the photo, the paper blending, the multiple paint splats and clustering. This one I am going to print and hang in her room. It makes me smile.

dotcomkari

Deaf Superstar
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? when ever I felt like it. Mainly once or twice a week
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? about daily
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? Laptop
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop and Lightroom
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? Depends.. anywhere from an hour to more
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? more realistic shawdoews
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? I am still learning who I like here.. but so far been drawn to Studio Pix and Bellisae Designs
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? No
  9. Blending or no blending? both? depends on my mood
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I am a mix.. I like messy.. but can do plain. I guess it all depends on what I am going for
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I do everything by hand
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Yeah sometimes..
  13. Do you use templates? Rarely
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? Both as needed
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? My daughter's mental health issues, my grandfathers death and my own childs stillbirth
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? mmm I got so many ...Isa marks, justagirl
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? I have to admit I am a mixer
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? afternoon
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I am a impulse buyer
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.)

sharonb

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? most every day of the wekk
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? every day of the week
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? desk top
  4. What software do you use? PSE 2020
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? Depends on the type of layout- anywhere from15 min to 2-3 hours (with breaks)
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? warping shadows in PSE
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? Bellisae, Tiramsue
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? Years ago I won scrapclass on the rule of thirds
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? combo
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? manual
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? both
  13. Do you use templates? yes
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? rarely recolor
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? anything with my mom...we didn't have a good relationship and its hard to scrap happy pages about her.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? Rachel Jeffries (Jill Walls when she was alive)
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? both, but I try to stick to one kit if I need to show it off.
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? all day
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? no budget...don't hide...just use what you buy or stop buying
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply. Most anything I did with Created by Jill when she was alive are my favs

Ana Santos

LEGEND-BERRY
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? everyday, it´s my therapy :giggle:
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? Everyday, nothing changed, but I have more time now.
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? I scrap on a Xp-Pen connected to my desktop. Love it, best buy ever!
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop CC.
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? ? It depends. Sometimes I need a few minutes, sometimes I need days to finish one layout. All depends on my inspiration and the product itself.
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? I grab anything I can take but I would love to have some ideas how to build a balance composition or creating a very interesting cluster.
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? ? I love all PBP designers but if I had to pick only some of them Tiramisu, Bellisae, Natali, SPPP and Chunlin would be on the top of my list.
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? I love to learn with Anna Aspens when I can. I like to follow PBP tutorials … yes, PBP have great tutorials.
  9. Blending or no blending? Blending, of course.
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? Light patterns are my favorite but I use a lot of artsy papers too.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? I use only 3 action of 8 on the Xp-Pen: undo, zoom in and zoom out. All the other things I do it manually.
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Only when it´s asked for a challenge.
  13. Do you use templates? Sometimes, but I rather to create a layout from scratch.
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? In general, I use elements like as they are but sometimes, in specific occasion yes, I do recolor them.
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? Probably … myself.
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? I learn a little bit with everyone who scraps, everyone. PBP have a fantastic and very talented team. So, I have no idols but I have to say that I´m a big fan of Julie´s work and … Anne, love her.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? It depends on what I´m trying to do. Sometimes I use one kit, sometimes … too many :D
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? If I could … from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (this girl need to sleep)
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I try to keep a budget, like I do for everything in my life, to have my expenses on track.
I love this two, can´t decide wich i love the most.

and this one ... I had the idea on my head but took 1 day to get it done. It was always missing something .. do you know the feeling?

Scrapdolly

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
the list of questions below, paste it into a reply to this thread and then add your answers!

1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? I am a paper scrapper as well and I scrap, either paper or digi every single day - it's my therapy!
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? No change at all - still daily
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? always on my desktop
  4. What software do you use? I feel like a member of AA - My name is Dolly and I am ashamed I use PSE (whispers 5 and sometimes 12)
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? about an hour if simple, two hours if more complex
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn?I'd like to learn about actions - never used one
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? All of them here - seriously but I also loved my dear friend Dawn Inskip's designs. I still use them in memory of her
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? I haven't done any digital classes but a fair few paper classes, plus I teach paper scrapping classes in various places in real life and on line
  9. Blending or no blending? both ... yes I am indecisive
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I am not a huge fan of busy patterns as I struggle to make them work
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? see above - I need to learn
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? always - our members here are awesome
  13. Do you use templates? yes but I prefer to free style
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? a bit of both - indecisive again
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? I scrapped about the loss of my parents and my malignant melanoma
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? too many to name but Julie (mother bear) just leaves me in awe
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? usually one kit
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? day time - I rarely scrap after 6pm
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? what's a budget?
  20. Link us to your layout in the PBP Gallery that you are most proud of. (you can either do that via embed media - the little camera icon in the menu bar - or just by pasting the link to your layout in your reply.) I am very self critical and rarely really like my pages but I enjoy the process of making them. I picked this one because I liked my beloved Pepo (the cheetah)

index.php

https://pickleberrypop.com/forum/index.php?media/pepo-jpg.207835/

Mary-Lynne

BERRYLiCiOUS
Reaction score
Copy the list of questions below, paste it into a reply to this thread and then add your answers!
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? Since I retired I scrap at least a couple of hours a day.
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? Since I'm retired, not much has changed except that I only shop at 7 am, so I still scrap a couple of hours a day.
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? Laptop.
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop Elements
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? Anywhere from an 1-2 hours depending on how happy I am with it on the first take!
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? Would love to learn to do better skin color. Both my grand daughters are mixed race, and their tone's difficult get right.
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? Love them all, but find myself drawn to ET Designs, Palvinka, Natali, Chulin, Tiramisu
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? Just online tutorials.
  9. Blending or no blending? LOVE blending
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? Artsy...more minimalist for me.
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? Use some actions, but mostly do it manually
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Absolutely! Also from Challenges
  13. Do you use templates? Of Course!
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? Very few layouts without some recoloring. I'm a matching freak!
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? Me!
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? Mother Bear for Layouts, Jill (Created by Jill) for designers...I was on her team and she was was so brave.
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? Always a mix unless a challenge dictates otherwise.
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? A.M.
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? Neither! Buy what I want! He couldn't care less!
index.php

Susan - s3js

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Reaction score
and this one ... I had the idea on my head but took 1 day to get it done. It was always missing something .. do you know the feeling?

I know that feeling so well. Happens to me all the time. Takes me at least 2 hours to do a LO, sometimes much more. Although I did manage to do a LO in an hour the other day. Surprised me right out of my socks!

Ana Santos

LEGEND-BERRY
Reaction score
I know that feeling so well. Happens to me all the time. Takes me at least 2 hours to do a LO, sometimes much more. Although I did manage to do a LO in an hour the other day. Surprised me right out of my socks!
I know it´s wrong to imagine the finished product, we must create and hope for the best at the end. But this time I had my idea on the Mad Hatter photo and kept trying things until i was happy. It´s was my 4 th
layout for this collection but my 2nd idea :roflmao:

Last edited:

megscottstudio

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? Nothing really has changed for me since I have mostly been a recluse for the past 7 years
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? everyday
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? Desktop, learning how to play around on my iPad
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? depends on what I am scrapping, mood and if I am using a template or not
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? good question... layering flowers/leaves
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? I don't really have one because everyone has kits that I just love and just need a job to buy them!!
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? a couple from Scrapaneers - just their basic layout and some design classes - like making planner stickers
  9. Blending or no blending? Depends on what the layout is. Blending creates such a neat look but sometimes you don't need it
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? Depends on where it will be in the layout. I like artsy but I like floral as well. I am also particular in the colors... so it depends on the palette
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? Both - but I also create actions when something takes time and I seem to repeat it often
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? I do and I have a whole board on Pinterest that I need to make sections in
  13. Do you use templates? yes
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? no, blending creates the look I want.
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? myself
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? I don't have one, there is so much talent out there that I learn from
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? depends on what I am scrapping and if the kit has everything I need for it - but I do both
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? when I am awake - so about 2 hours after being up to way into the middle of the night
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I try to stick to a budget but when I have my own income I splurge - and every penny is discussed with my hubby
I really like this layout because I even colored her face and I love how smooth it is. I don't think she realizes just how beautiful she is and this just shows it to me. She laughs when she sees this.

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? Hardly ever here lately.
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? I just finished the spring semester with school, so I'm hoping a LOT here soon!
  3. Do you scrap on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone? A nice big 28" screen desktop!
  4. What software do you use? PS CC 2020
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? an hour tops. If I futz with a page longer than that, I've futz'd with it too much
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? Layouts like Ana's up there ^ - I can't seem to grasp the artsy layout!
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? I have several favorites, but I'm not tellin ;)
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? No I have not
  9. Blending or no blending? No blending, usually
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? I'm guilty of using a lot of solids with maybe one or two patterns
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? Both
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? Yes - that's how I learned to scrap digitally
  13. Do you use templates? Kind of... It's very hard for me to stick with a template layout. I end up changing it so much it doesn't look like the original template AT ALL when I'm done with it
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? Both
  15. What is the most difficult subject you've ever scrapped about? Our cat being put down for kidney failure :(
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? oh, so many. Julie's at the top of the list. She makes me green with every page she puts out!
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? One kit per page (I'm a lazy creditor, lol)
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? At night after everybody's gone to bed
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I hide my purchases. LOL!
This has a LOT of layers and took me a while (a lot of futzing, lol), but I just love the way it turned out!

gina

i'M A BiG DiLL
Creative Team
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? every day
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? every day
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop 2020
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? depends on the kit
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? more artsy
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? @chunlin @Bellisae @tiramisu @femke-sppp and Created by Jill (when she was alive)
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? no
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? solids and artsy papers
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? do it all manually, sometimes I use my own actions
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? sometimes
  13. Do you use templates? only if a designer has a template kit - believe it or not, I find it hard to do
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? sometimes I recolor elements
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? @Margje @Oldenmeade @sylvia
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? mostly one kit
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? in the morning
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I don't have to hide my purchase - he accepts it

Last edited:

Margje

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
  1. How often did you digi scrap when life was "normal"? every day
  2. How often do you digi scrap now that we're on some form of lockdown? every day
  4. What software do you use? Photoshop 2020
  5. How long does it take you to create a digital layout? depends on the kit
  6. What is one digi technique or skill that you'd like to learn? more artsy
  7. Who are some of your favorite PBP designers? @chunlin @Bellisae @tiramisu @femke-sppp and Created by Jill (when she was alive)
  8. Have you taken scrapping classes? If so, what kind? no
  10. Busy patterned papers, light patterns, solids, artsy papers or a combination? solids and artsy papers
  11. Do you use actions, or are you a "do it all manually" kind of gal? do it all manually, sometimes I use my own actions
  12. Do you get inspiration in the gallery/scraplift? sometimes
  13. Do you use templates? only if a designer has a template kit - believe it or not, I find it hard to do
  14. Do you recolor elements or prefer to have a few different color options in a kit? sometimes I recolor elements
  16. Who is your scrapping idol? @Margje @Oldenmeade @sylvia
  17. Do you scrap with one kit, or mix kits on your pages? mostly one kit
  18. What is your favorite time of day to scrap? in the morning
  19. Do you stick to a scrapping budget, or maybe I should ask do you hide purchases from your significant other? I don't have to hide my purchase - he accepts it
I am really honored Gina! I love your beautiful pages! Thanks for your sweet words!