How do I include an image in my post?

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
In order to include an image with your post, you can use the Insert Image icon or Gallery Embed icon. With the insert image icon, you can directly upload the image to the post or use an image URL.

With the gallery embed icon, you can insert an image directly from our gallery.

When you click on the camera icon for Gallery embed, you will get a popup. Choose the image you want in your post and click on Continue

Your gallery media shortcode will be inserted into the post

After clicking on Post Reply, your image will appear in your post along with the title, who posted and when … AND the image is linked to the image in the gallery!
(You can also Preview your post and see the image before you post it by clicking on the Preview button)

Another way (now deemed “the long way” lol) is to grab the link from the gallery. Go to the image in the gallery that you want to add to your post and find the Share this media box down the right side of the page:

There you’ll find 4 links to choose from. Copy the link you want and add it to your post.

Yes! We have social media sharing icons there now, too! Just the click the icon for the social media you want to share the image to

roxyrenders

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
Thank you for all the tutorials. I am still working my way through them. I had difficulty with this one as I don't have the little camera icon option in my Reply window for using the the first method. I use the Google Chrome browser. How would I enable it? Thanks.

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I didn't realize the camera icon was missing from the tools :oops: You should be able to see it now!

Glori2

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Which link does one use to add an image to a thread that will be full sized and linked? I'm having such a time trying to get my image linked and I'm sure it's probably a simple thing to do! TIA!

Glori2

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Which link does one use to add an image to a thread that will be full sized and linked? I'm having such a time trying to get my image linked and I'm sure it's probably a simple thing to do! TIA!

By golly, I think it's the "GALLERY" one??

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
By golly, I think it's the "GALLERY" one??
The easiest way to do that in ONE STEP, is to u se the Camera Icon/Media Embed Feature. If you click the camera, then select the image from the gallery you want to add to your post (you can choose from your own media/layouts or from someone else's). That will automatically put the image in your post and it will be linked to the gallery. That's what I did for the layout below...took me all of about 2 seconds :)

Glori2

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
OMG...THANK YOU, Faye!!! That was easy and kinda fun!! Had to try it so that's why the layout here! ;)