July 2021 Sketch Challenge

Oldenmeade

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the challenge, Sylvia. LOVE your layout - as always.
Here's the sketch I chose

and here's my version of it, using designs by DitaB, HeatherT, and LorieM. I used the sketch as a cluster on the bottom right of my layout.

Last edited:

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
I chose this sketch:
View attachment 209921
and used items from kits by Regina Falango, MDD Designs & Heartstrings ScrapArt...Credits in Gallery.

Here`s my layout:
View attachment 209922
https://pickleberrypop.com/forum/index.php?media/what-a-wonderful-world.224715/
Thanks for playing in my challenge this month, tissie12.

Awesome page and I love how you used the differend papers. The background paper fits perfect together with them. Love your photo and the use of only a few accents.

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the challenge, Sylvia. LOVE your layout - as always.
Here's the sketch I chose
View attachment 210172

and here's my version of it, using designs by DitaB, HeatherT, and LorieM. I used the sketch as a cluster on the bottom right of my layout.
Thanks for playing in my challenge this month, Anne.

It's so clever and ingenious to use the sketch as a cluster. I love your blending, the colors and the tiny frog. Just wonderful.

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
I picked:

I removed a lot of stars, title and word bits.

Thanks for playing in my challenge this month, Lou.

Your photos are the highlight. I love the use of the brushes and paints and the colors fit perfectly. Fantastic layout.

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score

sylvia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Great challenge, Sylvia. Love your LO!

I chose this sketch by Kristine Davidson
View attachment 210379
These products
Main Kit: Sister Act by MDD Designs
Stitching from Together by Dita B
Swirl behind bracelet Hawaii Tropical from Lara’s Digi World
Font Jaunty from the kit by the same name by Heather T.
Thanks for playing in my challenge this month, Susan.

Where should I start. I like the colors, the borders around the hexagons and the whole page, the cut-out letters and last but not least the photos. Your layout is just wonderful.

Scrapdolly

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm Sylvia and happy to be hosting the ♥ Sketch Challenge ♥ for this month.

Please make sure that you read all of the rules for this challenge carefully so that you can get your challenge points.

I hope you love pushing out of your comfort zone, so let's get started.

Please choose a sketch from Jen's collection [ HERE ]

Now create your own layout!!!

That means: DO NOT SCRAP THE SKETCH EXACTLY AS IT IS !!!
Flip it, rotate it, add or replace, minimize it, as long I can tell you used the sketch as your starting point.
AND
you must use products from at least 3 different PBP designers.

Please don't forget to include a picture or link to the sketch and credit the sketch creator.

I chose

View attachment 202839

I used

View attachment 202840

View attachment 202841

View attachment 202842

View attachment 202843

and here is my page

View attachment 202844

The rules are pretty simple.
• You must use 75% PBP Products for your challenge layouts (a template from another shop counts as 25%).
• Upload your layouts to the PBP Gallery (be sure to click on "additional categories" and select the Monthly Mojo Gallery as one of the galleries it will upload to) Your layout in the gallery MUST INCLUDE CREDITS (the new gallery will make that EASY for you!) But remember, NO LINKS to other sites.

PBP's Mystery Box, Use it All Mini Kit, Mojo Perks Bundle and the FREE Template can only be used for their respective challenges each month. Those freebies are not to be used to complete additional challenges each month. If you use those freebies to complete other challenges, you will not be eligible for the prizes.

• Add your layout to this thread so that we can all see the layouts everyone has done. Link your layout in this thread to your gallery layout.
• Make a post in this month's tracking thread for all of your challenges.
• Add the gallery link for your layout from this challenge to your tracking post.
(Do not post your images in the tracking thread.)
That way we'll know what prizes you've earned!

Once you post your layout in this thread, you're on your way! Make sure you finish at least NINE of the challenges by the end of the month to earn the highest discounts, the Mojo Perks Mini Bundle & to get entered into the drawing!

Prize Tier
• Finish 3 challenges = 10% off coupon
• Finish 6 challenges = 20% off coupon
• Finish 9 challenges = 30% off coupon + Mojo Perks Bundle PLUS, participants that complete 9-10 challenges will be put into a drawing to win a $10 Gift Certificate to the shop. (The drawing will be held on the first of the following month.)

Here's our GORGEOUS Mojo Perks Mini Bundle for this month! Be sure to complete at least NINE challenges this month so you get it free and you will be all set for our next Playing with Perks Challenge!

View attachment 208150

Note: All freebies offered in Monthly Mojo Posts will only be available until the end of the month!

Can't wait to see your layouts !!!
What a fabulous challenge and I absolutely love your page

RJMJ

CREATIVE TEAM
Reaction score
Sketch Challenges...Not Really Anything I Do At All...I Either Create My Own Designs...Or Once In Awhile I Use A Template...So I Started Out With This Template Shown Below...But I Definitely Made It My Own :

The Thing I Like Is The Sets Of 3 Things In Each Corner...I Often Do This In My Layouts : I Call It The Power Of Three...So I Used This In My Layout...I Have 3 Words On The Top Of The Large Photo I Used...And Again...3 Words On The Bottom Of The Pic...& 3 Words To The Left/Middle Of The Photo...As For The Rest Of The Template I Freestyled It...Instead Of Papers...I Used Paints!...To Fill In The Space...But They Do Have Lots Of Texture...Like These Papers Here...& I Also Used 3 Papers Blended Together To Create My BG...Same Goes With The 3 Circles On The Bottom Of The Sketch & The Polka Dots...I Combined The Idea & Went With Circular Scatter In White!...& 3 Large Round Watermelons!...Next To 3 Small Watermelons!...

All In All...A Pretty Fun! Challenge!...Thanks! For The Challenge!...

Sketch Template : I Used :

***My Revamped Layout : Now! : With 3 Designers Included : Watermelon Summer :

@sylvia : This Is My Updated Layout : I NOW!!! Have 3 Designers : As Per The Rules :

1. Lara's Digi World : The Majority Of Elements & Papers
  2. CarolW Designs : 1 Hummingbird : Placed 3 Times In Layout
  3. Chunlin Designs : 1 Black Scatter Paint : Placed 3 Times In Layout

Last edited: