Scrapping During Pandemic

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
Just curious, are you scrapping more or less during this pandemic? Is it helping to ease your anxiety, getting the thoughts and observations out on a layout? Are you scrapping happy pages or letting the negative feelings out into a page?

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
For the most part, I am scrapping happy things, wanting to be positive. But, I have scrapped a few pages about the struggles of the pandemic and think I will do more about my thoughts and fears about this. I think it is very therapeutic to let it out, to express the thoughts onto a page.

As far how much I am scrapping, I had pulled back initially b/c I needed time to wrap my head around the state of the world but last week I started to adapt, to watch the news for a bit and then shut it out, focusing on little pleasures, getting out for walks and reading/watching TV to unwind and now I feel energized to scrap, having lots of ideas on what I want to express.

darklighter67

NEW BERRY ON THE BLOCK
Reaction score
I started scrapping again shortly before all this happened. I started planning on scrapping a book about our vacation last year, then have been working on a book for my mom's birthday. I have been scrapping way more since this started (not just those things, but other things and enjoying the challenges). I have only done happier things so far, but doing a page about the anxiety and stress maybe a good way to help deal with it all.

sharonb

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
I scrap about the pandemic, but to the extent of our daily lives, not too much bad stuff. Our life is pretty much the same. I have been scrapping pages about my grandson and how his birth at the beginning of the pandemic changed our lives (not seeing him)

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
i love this thread :hearthug:

scrapping this mess is a good idea. bottled up anxiety and stress is not good for the soul. nobody here is alone in feeling the way they do. many of us are stressed out, anxious, angry, depressed, past ready for this to be over.... i say scrap them, get those negative feelings on a page so you can tuck it away and enjoy the happier things. share them or not, include them in your 'official' scrapbook or not. but do it for a healthier you :)

i haven't had time to scrap since this school term started - but i will be using the Keep Your Distance kit that Faye and I collab'd on to scrap several pages for Nicky. It's been really hard for him

Congrats @sharonb on the new grandson! He's just beautiful. I hope you can get to see him in June!

Glori2

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
I am kinda in the middle...I try not to overdo scrapping due to the chiropractor closing and not being able to get an adjustment (usually went twice a week) and feeling pain and getting terrible headaches and neck/arm/back pain. Last week the chiropractor was able to open back up to only acute patients...I guess I'm lucky to be one of those?!! With that said, it's the computer I go to if I feel very out of sorts but I've also started reading more and hoping for warmer weather to be able to get out and walk and feel some sense of freedom!

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're in so much pain Glori! I hope you can get into the chiropractor sooner than later :hearthug:

We HAD warmer weather, but now it's freezing again. I think Mother Nature took some kind of medication that she shouldn't have :p Since school is online-only now, the track at the elementary school next door is free and clear to use all day, I'd love to start getting laps in... but not when the temps are below 40* :p

Beth

I’M A SPICY DILL
Creative Team
Reaction score
@jenyurko - they've gated off all our schools, so track walking is out. i've been focussed on my neighborhood walks, but it sounds like we're having a bit warmer weather than you are. ;)
@bcgal00 - i haven't scrapped as much in the past couple weeks due to sewing face masks like crazy! Our group is focussed in Oregon and I've joined a national group out of Utah, as well, that are sewing for health care professionals and essential workers. It's very satisfying to due a small part to help those that are helping others.
I am taking a day off today and focussing on getting some scrapping done. And for me, it'll be about happy things as I sit here at my computer listening to the ongoing news....LOL I really like to stay positive and know that we can get through this together! Stay Home. Save Lives. :inlove:

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not scrapping at all, but I have gotten some designing done :) The one thing that I have done is make cards for my kids and grandkids that had birthdays in March and April since we can't go visit them. Lol, and yup, they've all been pandemic themed :p Here's an image of one of them.

So that's gonna be the extent of my scrapping until after iNSD :)

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
@jenyurko - they've gated off all our schools, so track walking is out. i've been focussed on my neighborhood walks, but it sounds like we're having a bit warmer weather than you are. ;)
@bcgal00 - i haven't scrapped as much in the past couple weeks due to sewing face masks like crazy! Our group is focussed in Oregon and I've joined a national group out of Utah, as well, that are sewing for health care professionals and essential workers. It's very satisfying to due a small part to help those that are helping others.
I am taking a day off today and focussing on getting some scrapping done. And for me, it'll be about happy things as I sit here at my computer listening to the ongoing news....LOL I really like to stay positive and know that we can get through this together! Stay Home. Save Lives. :inlove:
This school has a small fence with a gate, but there isnt a lock. Even I could jump the fence it's so short... bad knees and all. They have hoops out there too. As long as there isnt more than 10 people and they keep 6ft apart, they're ok with people using it.

I think it's awesome what you are doing! They definitely need them! We fixed cloth around dust masks for us to use. Most everyone we have seen so far has been wearing them. Nick and I just got back from the store and someone got put in cuffs while we were there for frying to steal something. Not sure what. It definitely wasn't toilet paper tho :p

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
I'm not scrapping at all, but I have gotten some designing done :) The one thing that I have done is make cards for my kids and grandkids that had birthdays in March and April since we can't go visit them. Lol, and yup, they've all been pandemic themed :p Here's an image of one of them.

View attachment 176127

That is so creative and funny!

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
Bless you for helping out with the sewing.

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
This school has a small fence with a gate, but there isnt a lock. Even I could jump the fence it's so short... bad knees and all. They have hoops out there too. As long as there isnt more than 10 people and they keep 6ft apart, they're ok with people using it.

I think it's awesome what you are doing! They definitely need them! We fixed cloth around dust masks for us to use. Most everyone we have seen so far has been wearing them. Nick and I just got back from the store and someone got put in cuffs while we were there for frying to steal something. Not sure what. It definitely wasn't toilet paper tho :p
Not TP tho.....funny but not funny. We had sanitizer and I told my daughter we'd better not leave that visible in the car, someone is likely to break in. Who would ever have thought that might happen not that long ago. Crazy times right now.

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
I am kinda in the middle...I try not to overdo scrapping due to the chiropractor closing and not being able to get an adjustment (usually went twice a week) and feeling pain and getting terrible headaches and neck/arm/back pain. Last week the chiropractor was able to open back up to only acute patients...I guess I'm lucky to be one of those?!! With that said, it's the computer I go to if I feel very out of sorts but I've also started reading more and hoping for warmer weather to be able to get out and walk and feel some sense of freedom!
Sure hope your pain eases up and that getting outdoors helps to lift your spirits.

Rochelle86

i'M A BiG DiLL
Reaction score

View attachment 176127

Oh this absolutely awesome Faye!! I'm going to have to try something like this for upcoming birthdays:)

sharonb

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
my chronic back pain has been flaring up lately and I find I don't scrap as much- can't find the mojo. I do spend more time on forums and in the gallery to comment

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
my chronic back pain has been flaring up lately and I find I don't scrap as much- can't find the mojo. I do spend more time on forums and in the gallery to comment
Yikes, I hope you find some relief, Sharon. That would be miserable!