Show off your masks!

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
Now that masks are a part of daily life... what does yours look like? Mine's all boring and black, but it's washable and has ear loops instead of ties, that's all I really cared about, lol

Ignore the hair - it was windy today, so it's e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. lol!

zanthia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
don't have one - bought shop towels a while ago to make some but now need some type of elastic, hair elastic bands and sewing elastics are sold out for weeks and rubber bands i have are too thin.

bcgal00

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
don't have one - bought shop towels a while ago to make some but now need some type of elastic, hair elastic bands and sewing elastics are sold out for weeks and rubber bands i have are too thin.
Yes, around here elastic is scarce. I'm not much of a sewer but if I can find some elastic I want to give it a try b/c I have a few disposables but they aren't going to last long and we haven't been able to get more. Shop towels, do you mean those blue throw away towels? I'm going to look into this. I have some of those.

zanthia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
yes, saw an article and video on using them to make a no sew mask - just google it and will find lots o f hits

my biggest concern is how hard will it to breathe thru a mask, no cutting is needed as they are right size.

Mother Bear

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
no masks here.....we aren't required to wear them.
Luckily we only have 50 active cases in the whole state and a lot of our schools and stores have re-opened.

Rochelle86

i'M A BiG DiLL
Reaction score
I don't have one, thankfully we're not required to wear one. And that's a good thing I'm not sure how I'd go about making one, I'm not so good with that type of thing!

zanthia

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
costco is now requiring masks

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
our state doesn't require them, but there are a lot of businesses around here that require masks - costco is definitely one of them. hospitals, doc offices, some of the grocery stores, and the airlines (tho they are providing them). we get a "briefing" 3 times a week, and at the one on wednesday, one guy said "we respect your decision to not wear a mask, but would prefer that you do".

honestly, they won't prevent COVID unless you're using the N95. if COVID's gonna get you, then COVID's gonna get you, regardless. I think it just makes people feel better about the whole thing, and, it's easier to wear one than have to wonder/look up who's requiring them and who's not. plus, it's allergy season here, and it hit Nicky hard, so we wear them every time we go out. he can't make it through a store without coughing and/or sneezing and/or snuffling, though we've made cracks about him not wearing one and seeing how fast we can clear out the store LOL!

lizziej

NEW BERRY ON THE BLOCK
Reaction score
our state doesn't require them, but there are a lot of businesses around here that require masks - costco is definitely one of them. hospitals, doc offices, some of the grocery stores, and the airlines (tho they are providing them). we get a "briefing" 3 times a week, and at the one on wednesday, one guy said "we respect your decision to not wear a mask, but would prefer that you do".

honestly, they won't prevent COVID unless you're using the N95. if COVID's gonna get you, then COVID's gonna get you, regardless. I think it just makes people feel better about the whole thing, and, it's easier to wear one than have to wonder/look up who's requiring them and who's not. plus, it's allergy season here, and it hit Nicky hard, so we wear them every time we go out. he can't make it through a store without coughing and/or sneezing and/or snuffling, though we've made cracks about him not wearing one and seeing how fast we can clear out the store LOL!

Jen, that last sentence is hilarious!! I rarely go out because I'm one of the vulnerable ones. I've only been to doctor's offices and surgical centers a few times. I've done curbside pickup a few times, and I did drive thru for Panda Express last week. I have a plain white N95 mask -- my RN SIL ordered them for us way back before it even hit the US. I've downloaded countless patterns for masks, and I want to make some but haven't really had the time.

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
We've taken a more comical view, or we'll go nuts.

Wait.

Nuttier?

I dont go out either unless I have to. Nicky goes out to 1 friend's house and his girlfriends house, that's it. Well until Tuesday anyway. School has started - virtually. Hes doing drill again this year and they have their first practice tueaday morning at school. My 20 yo tested negative so were good so far. I'd like to keep it that way bc I have a feeling I'll be in Mobile at my parents house sooner than later :/

Last edited:

sharonb

REMARKABERRY
Reaction score
We are required to wear masks and by now I am used to it. DH and I tested negative recently. My 95 1/2 year old dad was positive but thank god asymptomatic. It is amazing. He had no ill effects and is out of quarantine in the nursing home.

alannabanana

WiLD BERRY
Reaction score
We are very lucky here in Adelaide with no active cases so no one wears masks
Except for social distancing day to day life is pretty much back to normal with the exception of large events which have reduced capacity.