What is a Conversation?

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
Private messages are known as “conversations” in our software. It allows you to send a message to another member of the forum privately, without other members seeing your message. Depending on your Account details settings, you may be notified via email when you receive a PM, and/or a popup might appear while you are in the forum to notify you. The relevant settings in your Account Details are under Preferences:

Receive news and update emails (this is only used by admin to send emails and used only when needed)
Receive email when a new conversation message is received

If you want to 'delete' a conversation, click on the conversation and click the Leave button at the top of the conversation

Alternatively, on the conversations page, you can check the box on the conversation(s) you want to leave, then scroll down to the bottom of the page:

Click on Choose action, Leave conversations, then click Go.

Last edited:

Robyn

GOOSEBERRY
Reaction score
Just wondering............are you able to delete older conversations that you no longer want?

Robyn

GOOSEBERRY
Reaction score
It's okay, I've answered my own question. If you leave a conversation it will no longer show up on your conversation list.

jenyurko

LEGEND-BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
ack, sorry... i went out of town & still playing catch up. but yes, you are right. you can't delete conversations, but if you 'leave' them they'll not show up in your list :)