1 Amazing Bond
A

1 Amazing Bond

I used Southern Creek Designs Newlife Kit and the journaling reads as follows:

36 Weeks Together
13 Days Apart
1 Amazing Bond
One of the hardest experiences ofmy pregnancy, post-pregnancy, was the day I was sent home from the hospital, after giving birth to two babies, and only being able to take

I was admitted to the hospital on a tuesday, the 23rd of May, 2006. I had high blood pressure and protein spilling, I was diagnosed with toxemia, and was kept in the hospital for a couple of days before I could really find out what was happening.
On thursday, my doctor came in to do an amniocentesis to check the babies development. Since I was having twins, they decided to check only one, the boy; since typically white male premature babies have the worse lung capacity. He checked out fine so they decided the following morning they would take the babies.
I just turned 36 weeks, and this was my first experience having been admitted to a hospital, and my very first experience with surgery. I was in tears, mortified of what could possibly happen.
After being prepped for surgery, and getting my spinal (which they never tell you how excruciatingly painful it is) The next thing I know Im having a baby shoved in my face, then another, and just like that they were gone. I was later informed that the girl had some fluid in her lungs, and was having breathing difficulties, and they were taking her to Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital in St Louis.
It would be 4 days before I would get to see her, another 6 days before I was able to hold her, and another 3 days before I was able to bring my baby girl home, and our family was finally complete.

This LO is and has always been an emotional one for me. The color pictures were taken the first day they got to be together again! The black and white is one of my sonogram pictures showing their heads next to each other!

Hope you enjoyed looking!
Oh how utterly precious. A wonderful record of a such a traumatic and yet special time.

Media information

Category
Member's Gallery
Added by
a84martin
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media