Daddy-2.jpg
My Dad is the American Dream personified, the proof that if you want it bad enough and are willing to work for it, you can go as far as you wish to go. He did not graduate high school but took his GED in the Navy, has no college degree but has some credits. His experience in the Navy and love of electronics prompted Motorla to hire him right out of the service, then on to other companies and on into history. Can't tell I love him huh?

Journaling reads:
My father has been my hero as long as I can remember. He's actually pretty humble about his life. Born just as the Great Depression was ending, life was still really tough in rural Oklahoma. My grandparents took up work as migrant farm workers. Against all the odds, Daddy joined the Navy as a sonarman. After, he worked at Interstate Electronics and, later, IBM helping to put man into space and on the Moon. Later still he helped design IBM's personal computer. When my oldest son did a project for school, Daddy wondered why I had Justin interview him, said he'd never done much of interest or importance. I said "REALLY? You put man in space and on the Moon. You are one of a select few with the knowledge to run the systems on Skylab. You helped with the PC and changed society forever." I could hear the gasp. And when we visited later, the look of wonder on his face was priceless as his grandsons listened breathlessly to his stories and he realized just how great his contributions have been. HUMBLE, indeed!
Credit Links
Indigo Designs by Anna Beautiful memories Vol 29 Templates
Heartstrings Art Wisdom Begins in Wonder
Font: Albertsthal Typewriter
IBM PC Ruben de Rijcke under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en
Apollo 11 liftoff courtesy of NASA public domain
The remainder are mine
Your journaling brought tears to my eyes, Susan. What a truly wonderful man and a great page too! I love how you sprinkled the sequins and starlight about.

You must be so proud Susan. How fascinating, what a life! It was so fantastic that your father could look at his life story through the eyes of his grandson. I am not surprised he is your hero. Your page is wonderful, the large photo, the smaller ones of your Dad and the journaling...what a read! Thank you so much for participating in the challenge and giving us a glimpse of the humble man your father is.

The story of your father is very inspiring! He is amazing! I am very proud that you took my template! :inlove:Thank you for sharing this page!

Media information

Category
Indigo Designs
Added by
Susan - s3js
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Additional categories
Member's Gallery, PBP Designer Galleries, PBP Team Challenges, Heartstrings Scrap Art,

Image metadata

Filename
Daddy-2.jpg
File size
139.3 KB
Date taken
Fri, 12 June 2020 6:44 PM
Dimensions
600px x 600px

Share this media