July 2024 Off Topic Challenge

cherekaye

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Design Team
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone! I'm Chere from Chere Kaye Designs, and I'm happy to host the Off Topic Challenge this month. This is a simple enough challenge, and really fun to do to stretch your stash or to try something new. All you have to do is pick a kit or collection and use it for a page that is NOT its theme. For instance, a camping collection used for a wedding, or a flower collection used for dart playing ;).

Here is my sample layout. I chose to do a page about my niece and her best friend going to the movies.

CKH_FunGames_LO_Chere_600.jpg

This layout is made with the Fun & Games Collection, which is a carnival and fair themed collection.

CKH_FunGames_VP_PBP_600.jpg
Since I'm new to the design team, and you may not have many things of mine in your stash yet, here is a coupon for you to use to gather a few things for inspiration from my store. It's good for 30% off your purchase of almost everything through July 16, 2024. Just use code CHAL_CKH30. Happy shopping!

Our 2024 Challenge Rules have changed just a little. Please read:
  1. Layouts must be created with 75% current PBP Designers’ Products. You may use product from any of our active designers. Check designer challenges to see if they offer additional prizes for using their designs exclusively.)
  2. You may use retired product if it was retired from PBP in the last three months. The retired product can only account for the 25% “non-current” PBP Designs.
  3. Upload your layouts to the PBP Gallery (be sure to select PBP Team Challenges as one of the additional categories that you add your layout to.
  4. Link your layout in this thread to your gallery layout
Make a post in this month’s tracking thread for all of your challenges.

Add the gallery link for your layout from this challenge to your tracking post. (Please do not add images to the tracking thread.) That way we’ll be able to easily see who has earned the monthly prize....and speaking of that!

MONTHLY CHALLENGE PRiZE

We think you’re going to LOVE the prize we’re offering this year for participating in our challenges.

Complete all of this month’s CT and Designer Challenges according to the outline set by the host, and you’ll receive a GOODiE BAG of PRiZES from the PBP Design Team! The Goodie Bag may include coupon codes for $ off or % off from individual designer’s shops or NEW freebies created for our challenge prizes!

So, make sure you complete all of the challenges that are pinned to the top of the forum each month & keep your post in the tracking thread updated! Only those who complete ALL of the challenges will receive the Goodie Bag.

Goodie Bags will be sent out by Private Message by the 5th of each month.

We hope you’ll play along with us!

Bubby

DiLL-iCiOUS
Reaction score
Thank you Chere for hosting the Off Topic Challenge, here is my take - I went with Leaning In – Chere Kaye Designs – for a Las Vegas trip, I added one overlay blended from my own stash just to add a little subtle glitter. Photos – mine - Fonts – Bebas Neue – Bad Unicorn – Agency

AJsRandom

DiLL-iCiOUS
Reaction score
Thanks for the fun challenge, Chere! I had fun with this one. I used a cat-themed kit to create a fall-themed page about a hike.

tillykaye

NEW BERRY ON THE BLOCK
Reaction score
I chose to do a layout about my brother in law's wedding. I made this page with New Horizons by JB Studio which is all about travelling and Feeling Blue Templates by JB Studio which was the last thing we were feeling.