July 2024 PAPER STACK Challenge

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Hi, Jenni here welcoming you to the Paper Stack Challenge for July. Our lovely designers add beautiful papers to their collections and it is often hard to choose just one as your background.

For this challenge you must USE AT LEAST 3 PAPERS on top of the background paper.
These papers must not be altered in any way - no downsizing, blending two or more papers together, made into mats for photos or frames or as torn papers.
HOWEVER papers can hang off the page (as in my example) but must be clearly seen as a paper from the collection and of course stacked (meaning you are able to see clearly that there is a paper beneath the one above, not just a ribbon like slim line). Angled papers always add interest to a page - this is not a requirement though.

Additionally at least 1 photo and 1 element must be tucked between papers - these can be lace, ribbon or any element within the kit/collection you are using and can be either alone or as part of a cluster.
The title must be more interesting than just one font. Add an alpha or word strip or two different fonts.

I have used 6 papers in my layout. They have not been altered but 5 hang off the page.
A-Winter-Tale-kakleid-DutchDreamDesigns.jpg

I created my page with A Winter Tale [collection] - a digiDUOS by Kakleidesigns and Dutch Dream Designs.

1717729201934.jpeg

Our 2024 Challenge Rules have changed just a little. Please read:
  1. Layouts must be created with 75% current PBP Designers’ Products. You may use product from any of our active designers. Check designer challenges to see if they offer additional prizes for using their designs exclusively.)​
  2. You may use retired product if it was retired from PBP in the last three months. The retired product can only account for the 25% “non-current” PBP Designs.​
  3. Upload your layouts to the PBP Gallery (be sure to select PBP Team Challenges as one of the additional categories that you add your layout to.​
  4. Link your layout in this thread to your gallery layout​
Make a post in this month’s tracking thread for all of your challenges.

Add the gallery link for your layout from this challenge to your tracking post. (Please do not add images to the tracking thread.) That way we’ll be able to easily see who has earned the monthly prize....and speaking of that!

MONTHLY CHALLENGE PRiZE

We think you’re going to LOVE the prize we’re offering this year for participating in our challenges.

Complete all of this month’s CT and Designer Challenges according to the outline set by the host, and you’ll receive a GOODiE BAG of PRiZES from the PBP Design Team! The Goodie Bag may include coupon codes for $ off or % off from individual designer’s shops or NEW freebies created for our challenge prizes!

So, make sure you complete all of the challenges that are pinned to the top of the forum each month & keep your post in the tracking thread updated! Only those who complete ALL of the challenges will receive the Goodie Bag.

Goodie Bags will be sent out by Private Message by the 5th of each month.

We hope you’ll play along with us!​

Last edited:

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
This was such a fun challenge Jenni! Thanks so much for hosting xx
Stupendous extraction Beth and fantastic use of the papers. Great template and you have used the papers in the collections so beautifully. A lot of layers there but you can see the thought that has gone into which papers to use on the stars. The fact that the only other colours are in the picture make the photo shine even though there is a lot of loveliness to look at on your page. Thank you for participating in the challenge. xx

Bubby

DiLL-iCiOUS
Reaction score
Thank you Jenni for the challenge, this really did challenge me, as I am one girl that just loves to blend papers resisting that was a challenge. I used a total of 5 papers beside the background and they have not been altered in anyway except the angle. Mostly everything is from Trust The Journey – Jen Yurko – word art - Stay On the Path – Laura Burger (can’t find her now) – Photos – mine – Fonts – Georgia – Amorica Script.

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Thank you Jenni for the challenge, this really did challenge me, as I am one girl that just loves to blend papers resisting that was a challenge. I used a total of 5 papers beside the background and they have not been altered in anyway except the angle. Mostly everything is from Trust The Journey – Jen Yurko – word art - Stay On the Path – Laura Burger (can’t find her now) – Photos – mine – Fonts – Georgia – Amorica Script.
Oh I love this. By now I think you will know I love papers on a slant. Loving your fun photos and your choice of colour. Your title is great and a beaut journal quote to round off your theme. Delightful elements all perfectly and thoughtfully placed. Thank you for participating in the challenge!

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
I think the palette really shines with the way you have arranged your papers. It does have a very chilly wintery feel to it. The blend, stunning frost kissed rose and your elements make for a very lovely page. I must admit I do have a particular fondness for soft grays and coupled with the whites it is very effective. Thanks for participating in the challenge.

Elizabeth22

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
I think the palette really shines with the way you have arranged your papers. It does have a very chilly wintery feel to it. The blend, stunning frost kissed rose and your elements make for a very lovely page. I must admit I do have a particular fondness for soft grays and coupled with the whites it is very effective. Thanks for participating in the challenge.
Thank you, it's been so cold here

gina

i'M A BiG DiLL
Creative Team
Reaction score
I know this is out of your comfort zone but I love what you have done - and that you used two slanted papers. The dark green is very striking too. The shadows on the two lovely (look fantastic b/w) are wonderful and your cluster gorgeous. Thank you for participating in the challenge Gina.
thank you so much, Jenni xx

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Thank you for the challenge. I used four papers above the background paper. Her photo and tag are tucked behind paper. Hopefully the title is interesting.
Yes Mary your title is interesting :) Blue and yellows always pop and are a wonderful Summer combination. Your two photos are lovely - look at those gorgeous smiles! I love how you have arranged your [great] choice of papers with blue of your title, the blue ticket, blue flowers and then the blue/yellow paper leading your eye around the page. Your cluster is so sweet and it all looks so fresh and wonderful. Thank you for participating in the challenge!

Scrapdolly

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
This was such a fun challenge - I ended up adding more papers and tuck ins too

where's-my-food.jpg

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Oh Karen the photos are too cute. Love your choice of papers and your great title work. Cute heart paper and cat scratches on the black. Beaut little cluster too. Love how you have the stitching on either side of the MEOW. Thanks for participating in the challenge.

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Wow Sandy this is stunning! I love all the papers you have used and how you have stacked them. How fun, a great celebration treat having nails done with Mom and Gaga. I just adore the placement of everything - the two photos and the table element. Fantastic title work and wonderful cluster. Thank you for participating in the challenge!

Ozegirl

REMARKABERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the challenge!
@01lousmith your page is lovely however it doesn't quite fit within the rules of this challenge. i.e. (meaning you are able to see clearly that there is a paper beneath the one above, not just a ribbon like slim line). Your pale blue and red/white stripe papers are too thin. To stay within the rules could you please make them clearly papers so that they could not be mistaken for ribbons.
Thanks Lou.

01lousmith

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
@Ozegirl , without redoing the whole page, I untucked the papers so they show a bit more:

PBP_Jul24_CD_AOOM2.jpg