May 2024 May Days Challenge

zippyoh

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Karen (aka zippyoh) here and I want to welcome you to my May challenge!

I was looking at the holidays and observances that are coming up this month (who knew there were so many?!) and curated a list of some of them. My challenge for you is to create a layout inspired by one of these days! There are more holidays and observances than what I have here, but this is the list to choose from for this challenge.

May 1
Learn to Ride a Bike day
National Chocolate Parfait Day

May 2
National Brothers and Sisters Day

May 3
National Garden Meditation Day
National Space Day

May 4
Bird Day
Kentucky Derby
National Play Outside Day

May 5
Cinco de Mayo
Museum Lover's Day

May 14
Bond With Your Dog Day

May 16
National Do Something Good For Your Neighbor Day

May 18
Armed Forces Day
National Learn to Swim Day
National Visit Your Relatives Day

May 19
Plant Something Day
World Baking Day

May 22
Buy a Musical Instrument Day
National Maritime Day
Sherlock Holmes Day

May 23
World Turtle Day

May 24
Brother's Day
National Road Trip Day

May 25
Geek Pride Day
National Wine Day

May 26
National Family Fun Day

May 30
International Hug Your Cat Day

May 31
National Smile Day

May 23 is World Turtle Day, and I made a LO using the Seafoam kit and Seafoam templates by Neia Scraps for our visit to the Cayman Turtle Centre on one of our cruise excursions.
seafoamweb.jpg

neia-seafoam-pk.jpg
neia-seafoam-tp.jpg

Our 2024 Challenge Rules have changed just a little. Please read:
  1. Layouts must be created with 75% current PBP Designers’ Products. You may use product from any of our active designers. Check designer challenges to see if they offer additional prizes for using their designs exclusively.)
  2. You may use retired product if it was retired from PBP in the last three months. The retired product can only account for the 25% “non-current” PBP Designs.
  3. Upload your layouts to the PBP Gallery (be sure to select PBP Team Challenges as one of the additional categories that you add your layout to.
  4. Link your layout in this thread to your gallery layout
Make a post in this month’s tracking thread for all of your challenges.

Add the gallery link for your layout from this challenge to your tracking post. (Please do not add images to the tracking thread.) That way we’ll be able to easily see who has earned the monthly prize....and speaking of that!

MONTHLY CHALLENGE PRiZE

We think you’re going to LOVE the prize we’re offering this year for participating in our challenges.

Complete all of this month’s CT and Designer Challenges according to the outline set by the host, and you’ll receive a GOODiE BAG of PRiZES from the PBP Design Team! The Goodie Bag may include coupon codes for $ off or % off from individual designer’s shops or NEW freebies created for our challenge prizes!

So, make sure you complete all of the challenges that are pinned to the top of the forum each month & keep your post in the tracking thread updated! Only those who complete ALL of the challenges will receive the Goodie Bag.

Goodie Bags will be sent out by Private Message by the 5th of each month.

We hope you’ll play along with us!

Last edited:

zippyoh

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
I chose learn to ride a bike day - thanks for hosting
Love this photo Beth! And what pretty pastel colors, I love your layers at the top and how they're tucked in. Thanks for joining in on the challenge!

zippyoh

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
I chose May 31, National Smile Day. Thank you for the challenge!
Gorgeous Jenn! Purple is my favorite color :inlove: and I love this paper with its doodles and paint. And the clustering and shadowing is just wow! Thanks for playing along!

Scrapdolly

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
I went with National Garden Day
This is mine and thank you for such great suggestions and a super challenge

garden-happiness.jpg

Bubby

DiLL-iCiOUS
Reaction score
Thank you Karen for the challenge. I chose May 2 – National Brothers & Sisters Day – I started with a template from JBS – everything else except one overlay – my stash – is from Beyond Measure – Fayette Designs Photos – mine – Fonts – Andamar Rough – Georgia – Deciso – Agency – Journaling My dear brother John, although we were 8 years apart in age, we were very close. The one thing I will always be very proud of is the Love and Trust we had for each other at all times. You never seem to mind having a little sister tagging around after you. As a matter of fact if I wasn’t around you always came looking for me. I remember the time you decided to learn the guitar, and because I had been learning to read music in school you enlisted my help. Oh boy wasn’t that the blind leading the blind. Just to finish it off we would both be in your room you playing the guitar and both of us singing or at least trying to. I am sure Mum & Dad thought they are two that had better stick to their day jobs. Even after you moved interstate for your business we still remained close. You eventually married and had two children, I of course married, and living in two different states we didn’t get to see each other very much, and both being involved in our own lives, we always somehow found time to chat, in fact my Husband often said you two sure can talk. Unfortunately we lost you one month before you turned 50, a huge shock to all. I just recently lost my own wonderful husband of 46 years just five months ago, and one thing I do know for sure is that you would have been on the first available plane and been on my doorstep being the big brother you always were to that little kid sister, I never ever did lose that name in your eyes, not that I think I ever wanted too.

LydiaB

NEW BERRY ON THE BLOCK
Reaction score

zippyoh

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
I went with National Garden Day
This is mine and thank you for such great suggestions and a super challenge

View attachment 273134
This is lovely! The kit colors are perfect for the colors in your pretty photos! Thanks for playing along!

zippyoh

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
Thank you Karen for the challenge. I chose May 2 – National Brothers & Sisters Day – I started with a template from JBS – everything else except one overlay – my stash – is from Beyond Measure – Fayette Designs Photos – mine – Fonts – Andamar Rough – Georgia – Deciso – Agency – Journaling My dear brother John, although we were 8 years apart in age, we were very close. The one thing I will always be very proud of is the Love and Trust we had for each other at all times. You never seem to mind having a little sister tagging around after you. As a matter of fact if I wasn’t around you always came looking for me. I remember the time you decided to learn the guitar, and because I had been learning to read music in school you enlisted my help. Oh boy wasn’t that the blind leading the blind. Just to finish it off we would both be in your room you playing the guitar and both of us singing or at least trying to. I am sure Mum & Dad thought they are two that had better stick to their day jobs. Even after you moved interstate for your business we still remained close. You eventually married and had two children, I of course married, and living in two different states we didn’t get to see each other very much, and both being involved in our own lives, we always somehow found time to chat, in fact my Husband often said you two sure can talk. Unfortunately we lost you one month before you turned 50, a huge shock to all. I just recently lost my own wonderful husband of 46 years just five months ago, and one thing I do know for sure is that you would have been on the first available plane and been on my doorstep being the big brother you always were to that little kid sister, I never ever did lose that name in your eyes, not that I think I ever wanted too.
What a wonderful LO and wonderful journaling about you and your brother! I have one brother and we are close and I am so thankful for him. I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a beautiful page to honor and remember him. :huggies:

zippyoh

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
Beautifully framed and embellished, and I love all the watercolor! Thanks for playing along!

AJsRandom

DiLL-iCiOUS
Reaction score
I chose international Hug Your Cat Day :)

zippyoh

TRiPLE PiCKLE
Creative Team
Reaction score
I chose international Hug Your Cat Day :)

We had a cat growing up, and I've been finding myself lately wanting another one. I keep tempting myself by following some local rescues on FB and IG. :) Perfect photo for this day. Thanks for playing along!