Products for challenges...

easyeyes4you

GOOSEBERRY
Reaction score
Just read the new info.. it says challenges must use 75% PBP product. In the past it has also had to be current product.... I have been buying stuff for years. and a year or so ago, I decided to do some of your challenges to enable me to use all the gorgeous stuff I have, that has never been used... When I read that requirement it too all the fun out of it... Don't think I have ever doen a challenge here becaseu of that...

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
I'm sorry you feel like that took the fun out of it. That's just the opposite of what we were hoping to accomplish with our more liberal rules. They are actually in line with what other digi shops require for their challenges. We know that people shop around, and like to use templates or alphas or whatever that they just love from other shops. We were actually trying to make it easier on participants.

Challenge layouts do need to be created with current product, although after a retirement sale, we allow the products to be used the following month. If I'm missing your point or not addressing your complaint, please let me know.

We'd love to have you join in our challenges.

roxyrenders

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
I was delighted and very appreciative to see the requirement had dropped from 100% to 75% current PBP products. Gives us a wee bit of wiggle room to incorporate a random free brush, layer style or current designer freebie in our pages. At least I hope I am understanding the new guidelines correctly and that it doesn't only refer to non PBP templates for that 25% difference.

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
You are correct @roxyrenders :) If at least 75% of your layout uses PBP product, it doesn't matter where the other 25% comes from. So, feel free to use that random brush, style or freebie :)

Last edited:

easyeyes4you

GOOSEBERRY
Reaction score
Bummer.. I had hoped it had changed... my issue is that it has to be current in the store product... I have 10 years worth of stuff bought on your site that I would love to use, that I can't because of this restriction. Not going to come buy more product just to be able to enter challenges.... The only site that I have ever used that is that restrictive is the Lilypad, but only in their January Month of Challenges... I post on a number of sites, and as long as the designer is there, it doesn't matter how old the product is, and some only require you used something from their site, old or new... I loved shopping the Picklebarrels, and always bought every month, but was not doing challenges and posting... It was only when I decided I wanted to try some other sites for posting and read your rules, that it became an issue.... You know I did do a challenge on your site once... it was during the brief period where you had to scrap a page with that months PB in order to get some reward??? as I recall... I did a page with lizards... adorable and I still use them... on other sites....

easyeyes4you

GOOSEBERRY
Reaction score
Curiosity question.. I see it says I joined in 2014... but I was buying steadily as far back as 2012... just looked.... that does not make sense....

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
The shop and forum accounts are separate. So, you must have registered in the shop and then joined the forum later.

easyeyes4you

GOOSEBERRY
Reaction score
That makes sense... Thanks... I don't do much in forums, unless I have to... It was interesting poking around here... found two rewards and messages attached from a couple of years ago, that I was totally unaware of.... Thanks for being on board to answer questions yesterday... I appreciate site owners that are actually involved... at least I think you are the owner....?

Glori2

LEGEND-BERRY
Creative Team
Reaction score
@easyeyes4you : I hope I can bud in here and encourage you to join in on a few challenges...They Mystery Box is now FREE and you totally can create a layout with it for the challenge or use a template and post it, too. I am guessing you'd like to be part of the reward system as well but maybe you can look at your reward as getting another layout completed?? There have been times I've done a layout for a challenge learning that I used a kit that was no longer in the store but still grateful to get that layout done in the long run. There might be several kits that are still in the store that you have...maybe double check your stash and the store if possible??
Wishing you the best and hope you still find challenges here you can partake in!

Mauve Sunrise

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
really wishing it was 8 challenges needed to get the bundle pack myself as i am between jobs and unable to spend anything right now to get 9 done lmao but oh well thats life. no bundle for me. until i get back to work anyways lol

Mauve Sunrise

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
@easyeyes4you : I hope I can bud in here and encourage you to join in on a few challenges...They Mystery Box is now FREE and you totally can create a layout with it for the challenge or use a template and post it, too. I am guessing you'd like to be part of the reward system as well but maybe you can look at your reward as getting another layout completed?? There have been times I've done a layout for a challenge learning that I used a kit that was no longer in the store but still grateful to get that layout done in the long run. There might be several kits that are still in the store that you have...maybe double check your stash and the store if possible??
Wishing you the best and hope you still find challenges here you can partake in!
yes i love that the mystery box is free now.

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
really wishing it was 8 challenges needed to get the bundle pack myself as i am between jobs and unable to spend anything right now to get 9 done lmao but oh well thats life. no bundle for me. until i get back to work anyways lol
I understand that there are times that you won't be able to buy much to do challenges. But well, that's one of the points of challenges. We do them not only to inspire our forum members and customers, but also to help market our designers' products. So, do the ones that you can, and hopefully things will improve for you soon. If you get the FWP Kit in the shop with an order, then you could still do nine challenges, and would get the next mojo perks bundle for next month's challenge. I realize, you said you didn't have the funds to shop....it was just an idea.

Mauve Sunrise

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
i do wish we could use older kits from both current and past artists but its ok i have tagging forums that i can use them on for like the mask and font challenges so thats a plus to mix it up for tagging. i do have a question i dont use outside templates so would it be acceptable for me to beable to use some of my posers i use for tagging as an accent piece for scrapbook pages here? their terms of use allow for scrapbooking but i wanted to know if using one on a scrap page would be ok with you

Fayette

QUEEN BABBLiNG BERRY
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry, kits must be from current designers and currently in the shop. Our only exception is the month after a retirement sale. You get to use retired goodies then. Of course, we relaxed the rules to say that the layouts have to include at least 75% PBP Product. So, you can use other designs like a template or title or something from someone else. We are not a tagger site, so we discourage the use of tagger designs. If you want to use one on a layout for a challenge, I won't tell you not to, but it has to adhere to ALL RULES. As I mentioned before, the point of our challenges is to inspire creativity and promote our designers' products. That will continue to be focus, so be careful using products from other designers so that it doesn't get out of hand.

Mauve Sunrise

TiCKLED PiCKLE
Reaction score
i just use poser tubes like a mermaid if beach related or such as that. i understand about not using tagger layouts and such. i try to keep everything in its own place:)

Dawn

DiLL-iCiOUS
Reaction score
quick question.. what is a tagger design? I don't want to use one by not knowing what it is...
thanks

kaseylee

I'm Your Huckleberry
Reaction score
Thank you for making the requirements so clear and concise! This is such a tedious question, and I am so sorry to be asking: what about fonts for titles/journaling? Does the font count as "other 25%," or is it just a throw away? Thank you so very much and can't wait to get started!